Host a Fundraiser
Thank you for your interest in fundraising or collecting supplies for Lowell Humane Society! Our shelter relies on the generosity of people like you in order to provide the best care and resources possible to the animals who need us most.
The opportunities listed below are great ways for businesses, corporations, schools, and motivated individuals to get involved with our lifesaving work.
Donations of needed items from our shelter Wish List help to support the hundreds of animals who come to the shelter each year. Here is how you can run a supply drive for LHS in just a few easy steps!
- Review our Wish List for our needed items
- Read our DIY Fundraising Guidelines here
- Get ready to collect- boxes, signs, copies of the wish list, consent from business owners to collect at locations, etc.
- Register your supply drive with us here at least 14 days before collection
- Share the news about your supply drive
- Track your donations to thank your donors
- Once your supply drive has ended, drop off your donations at Lowell Humane Society any day between 12-4 pm at the front door. If you would like pictures or to submit a donor list for receipts, please email events@lowellhumanesociety one week in advance to set up a specific drop off date and time.
- Submit any photos that you give LHS permission to share to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we receive many photos and plan our promotional content in advance, we cannot guarantee that every photo we receive will appear on our social media pages
A DIY Fundraiser is a small event or donation collection in which funds or items are raised to support the programs and services of Lowell Humane Society. Some examples of great DIY Fundraisers include a carwash, lemonade stand, bake sale, church collection, birthday or anniversary gifts, and yard sales. For businesses, some options are:
- Bring Your Dog to Work Day. Pick a day to allow employees to bring their pet with them to work in exchange for a $10 donation.
- Dress Down Friday. Encourage your employees to make a donation to dress casually on Fridays (i.e. $5/week or $25 for the full year)
- Penny Wars. Place coin jars in common areas to collect spare change. Encourage a little friendly competition by seeing which department or branch can collect the most!
- Cook-Off. Invite employees to bring in homemade soup, mac and cheese, or other favorite foods. Charge a fee to participate in tasting and vote for the best dish.
- Holiday Tree Program. Host a Holiday Tree at your business and encourage staff, customers and clients to donate items from our wishlist, or set a goal to raise funds for our programs
- Company Raffle. Sell tickets for the chance to win a free lunch, preferred parking spot, or extra vacation day
To get started with your DIY fundraiser:
A third-party event is a large-scale event or fundraising activity hosted by an outside organization to raise money to benefit Lowell Humane Society. Your application will be reviewed by an LHS staff member and you will be contacted within (7) business days. Please note that your event is not approved until you receive written consent. To get started:
Donate your Vehicle
Do you have a car that no longer runs? Have no use for it? Get rid of that junky car that you’ve let sit in the driveway or garage for far too long! Donate it to the Lowell Humane Society!
We have partnered up with another non-profit, Vehicles for Charity, in the hopes of raising some money for LHS! The idea is simple: click on THIS LINK, fill out the form (it’s quick and easy), and in a couple of days, a local towing company will take your car away for FREE. The majority of the proceeds from the scrap metal and/or any other usable parts get donated to Lowell Humane Society! LHS can make up to SEVERAL HUNDRED dollars for each car donated.
Take your driveway or your garage BACK and help a GREAT CAUSE at the same time!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com