Now extended through January 14th!
Thinking about adding a guinea pig to your family? Now is the perfect time to adopt! Massachusetts animal shelters are teaming up to try to find adopters for the many guinea pigs we have looking for a place to call home! Open Hours at All Participating Adoption Centers.
All guinea pigs will have their adoption fees waived Friday January 5 – Sunday January 7!
Details for Lowell Humane Society
- View our adoptable pets here.
- Visit our How to Adopt page so you know what to expect.
- Bring a photo of the cage you plan to keep your adopted pet in. Don’t have a cage yet – check out these recommendations on the best cages!
- We plan for same-day adoptions, so be prepared for your new guinea pig friend to leave with you on the same day as your visit.
- We unfortunately don’t carry supplies for sale, so please prepare buy visiting your local pet supply store.
- Please be prepared for a wait! There may be a wait period at various points during your visit. Expect to spend from 1-2 hours during your visit.
Is a small animal right for your family?
While “pocket pets” may seem like easier pet choices (or better “starter” pets), they require daily cage cleaning, scheduled exercise, and time for socialization. Check out these Pet Resources information for tips and things to consider as you prepare for your new addition!