IMPORTANT OPERATIONS UPDATE – December 29th, 2021
Lowell Humane Society
Due to the rise in coronavirus variant cases, Lowell Humane Society will be closed to the public and not be open for visitation hours until further notice. All services will be conducted by appointment only, and there will be no drop-in or visitation hours at this time. Any clients coming to the shelter must wear a mask in adherence with the city of Lowell’s indoor mask mandate. If you have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID, have tested positive for COVID yourself, or have symptoms, do not schedule an appointment or come to the shelter until your quarantine in accordance with the Massachusetts State guidelines is complete.
For animal surrender, adoption inquiries, access our pet food pantry, informational services, lost & found services, owner-requested euthanasia, and all other inquiries, please email email@example.com or call the shelter at (978) 452-7781 and leave a detailed message with your name and a call-back number. Our phone lines are open Tuesday-Sunday from 12-4 pm.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through these difficult times. Our team is working hard to respond to all calls, emails, and inquiries in a timely manner while caring for the pets in the shelter.
Q. How can I adopt an animal?
A. Adoptions are by appointment only at this time. The process for adopting a pet is as follows:
- Step 1: Visit our website to view the animals that are currently available for adoption. Read their bios to make sure they are a good fit for your household.
- If you don’t find a good match, keep checking back on the website as it is updated on a daily basis as new animals become ready for adoption
- Step 2: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the animal you are interested in adopting
- A staff member will reply and provide you with any additional information you need to ensure it is a good match
- Step 3: Fill out the Adoption Profile form in full and email (scan, fax, or take a picture) it back to email@example.com at your earliest convenience
- This form is NOT available online, you must inquire about a specific animal you are interested in adopting to fill out the form
- Step 4: Once your Adoption Profile has been received and reviewed, staff will reach out to schedule an appointment for you to come to the shelter and meet the animal. If all goes well during your visit, you can take your new pet home that day, so be ready!
Q. Can I drop off donations?
A. Donations that are listed on our Wish List can be dropped off outside of the main entrance every day between 12 pm- 4 pm. Please leave them outside the door and ring the bell. If you would like to donate an item not listed on our Wish List, please email or call the shelter beforehand to speak with a staff member.
Q. What if I am having an animal emergency?
A. We do not have a veterinarian on staff at the shelter. If your animal is having a medical emergency, you should contact your vet or an emergency vet hospital for immediate assistance.
Q. How long are appointments?
A. Appointment slots are scheduled at 30-minute intervals and are limited to one appointment per person. Please show up to your appointment on time and prepared as late arrivals may need to be rescheduled.
Q. How many people can come to an appointment?
A. Two people are allowed to come to the shelter for an appointment. Any additional persons will need to wait outside of the building or in their vehicle.